Genuine Cammenga Phosphorescent U.S. Military Lensatic Compass. Model 27. Olive Drab color. Waterproof, shock-proof and built from the finest materials. Cammenga is the exclusive manufacturer of compasses used by U.S. military personnel and supplies a superb and heavy-duty professional instrument. The Phosphorescent Dial on this model provides excellent illumination and a replacement for those who do not want or need the Tritium version - exactly the same model in every other way besides the luminosity.
The Cammenga Lensatic Compass uses induction damping to slow the rotation of the magnet. Induction damping allows the Dial to seek Magnetic North and come to a complete rest in much less time than a unit without induction damping. It is a velocity-dependent force; that is, as the speed of the oscillation of the Dial comes to a rest, the damping force is zero – increasing longevity and accuracy. Induction damping proves to be far superior to liquid damped compasses which are subject to leakage and eventual failure.
* Heavy-duty Aluminum alloy frame
* Phosphorescent luminosity
* Dial reads in both Degrees and Mils
* Magnifying lens
* Sight wire
* A Dial balanced on a precision-made synthetic sapphire jeweled bearing
* Induction damping by means of a copper-damping shell so that the dial comes to rest within 6 seconds * A rubber cup sealing the copper damping shell, making the compass waterproof
* Performs in extreme temperatures - operational temperature range from -50 degrees F. to +160 degrees F.
* Made in the U.S.A.
* Genuine Cammenga Compass
* Genuine Cammenga LC-1 Olive Drab Cordura compass pouch with belt loop
* Black Paracord lanyard
* Heavy-duty metal belt clip
* Instructions Booklet
* Full Cammenga 1 Year Warranty