The chance of a fire starting in your kitchen is greater than anywhere else in your home. With all that goes on in our lives, it's very easy to forget that you placed that pan on the stove. It's a very common mistake. You put something on the stove to cook. Then you get sidetracked. You forget about it until the fire starts and the smoke alarm goes off. If you're still home, you may have time to react. Keep this unit handy to quickly extinguish any fires that may start. Contains 16 oz. of aqueous film forming foam which is environmentally safe, biodegradable, and nontoxic. Although it is labeled as a kitchen fire extinguisher and works on liquid and grease fires, it will also extinguish wood and paper fires. This unit is perfect to keep outside by the BBQ grill, the garage work area, even near the fireplace in case come cinders land on the carpet. You can never have to many of these around the house. Size: 2-1/2" x 10"